Thursday, November 1, 2012

11-1-12 Is what we see the absolute truth?

Perception is a mirror, not a fact. And what I look on is my state of my own mind, reflected outward. Our eyes are the tools used to see with. Once what we are looking at goes past the eyes, it is interpreted by our minds to matchup with whatever our own mind has been programmed to think about what it is we are looking at based on how we see ourselves. Try a test; while in the presence of someone else, even better with two or more, watch the news together and pick one of the news pieces and describe what that looks like to you and what it means to you and have each one of them do the same.  You will find that there may be some similarities but each a little different view. Another case in point; what actions speak love to you compared to how love speaks to someone else. I read a study once that categorized how love is expressed to different types of people:  i.e., people who need to hear the words to believe, people who need to be touched to believe, people who need to perform acts (like cleaning or cooking) to believe. If two different types get together, there are problems in conveying love to each other. They each have to learn to speak love in their partners way of believing to be successful.

What we seem to perceive outside is not a fact, but a reflection of our own state of mind. The
value of the world. special relationships -- our bodily preoccupations -- have only one true purpose: to remind us that what we are seeing outside is nothing more than how we think and feel inside.
Everyone sees only what he thinks he is. What each one of think is a sum total of our experiences and what we made of those experiences. Yes, we were certainly told who we are by our peer group (parents, family, class-mates, friends, etc.), which actually was that person imposing his perception of what he thought he was on you.  This truth is what makes forgiveness possible (it wasn't really about you, it was about them.)

I feel like I've been many different people in my life-time. This is because I am always in the state of changing.  I get new information in and I apply that new information to what I think I believe which changes what I think I believe which in turn changes what I think I am seeing and my experience of this world.

There is no reason to be stuck. Be like the tree that bends in the wind. Seek out new information and analyze it, keeping what you want and getting rid of what you don't want. 

No comments: