Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7-10-12 Telling my ego “NO!”


Lately I’ve been telling myself no in order to change my habits to create a character that is more in line with my true nature (my eternal self). This act of saying no to myself is being met with resistance or what it feels like is my ego throwing a tantrum.

In my studies I recently learned, and I’m quoting, “In cultivating, we carry forward to further development the light and radiance of our Original Nature on the one hand, and cleanse our own stains (the pull of karma) on the other hand.” MENTAL ACTIVITIES = ACTION = HABIT = CHARACTER = DESTINY

The pull of karma has a force in itself; this force is very powerful and hard to defy. When we turn our light and intention more often inwardly to reflect upon yourself to see what of our actions and habits are standing in the way of real change, which will produce real happiness, to make the change or not to make the change should be judged by wisdom. Do not make any decision based on your selfish desires and dislikes. Do not use your own interest as the criterion. Once there is a beginning to an interest, there will be an end to it. Interests fluctuates according to your state of mind.

Whether we are happy or we think of ourselves as suffering, everything is related to our state of mind not to material goods or power. Have you ever heard the saying, “Don’t sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff.” The reason this works is and why we can take things lightly is because they will eventually come to nothing. All THINGS in the world are void and empty. Happiness, self-worth, and self realization are not dependant on THINGS, FAME OR POWER!

No comments: