Saturday, August 20, 2011

08/20/11

The happiness I experience is generated by the fact that my true nature, the eternal part of my existence, was not created by me, or by DNA from my parents, and because of that fact, I cannot mess it up or change it. It is immutable. Yes, it is burdened under many layers of desires, attachments, and perception. All of which can be changed. With each change my spirit is more in control. I can access it to make correct and positive decisions for myself. My ego has to let go in the light of truth. Making these changes is definately hard and sometimes they take a long time to actually happen.

None of my bad choices or expereiences have changed who I really am and there is a great source of happiness in knowing that.

I read once that there is a way to live in this world with such peace of mind that nothing including the state of the world would phase my peace of mind. When I read that, it just made sense to me and I decided, right then, to make peace of mind my only goal and I was determined to reprogram my beliefs, which changes my thoughts, which changes my perception. In that determination lies completed happiness. I'm not there yet, but I look at what I precieve as my challenges in a whole new way. I look at the lesson before me and choose the outcome I truly want.

We all want to be happy. The miracle is, that it is there for us. No one is in control of that but you. I know it seems like certain people in our lives do control our happiness and certain circumstances also seem to have negative effect. You know, "they did that to me", "it's just a bad situation and I can't help it", "there is no good solution for me here".. and on and on it goes. Believe me, I've been there, said that and did not see the way out. But that was then and this is now, and now I know the to accept living sick, sad, sorry and stupid is absolutely not necessary!

No comments: