Thursday, December 15, 2011

CHANGE YOUR MIND 12-15-11


Everyone can change their mind. We are not two years old any longer with significant people in our life telling us what is good for us any more. There is always a choice. As long as you are not aware that you have a choice, you will probably not be capable of changing your mind. Our ego (which is not real in the eternal sense) runs on auto pilot until we stop letting our negative thoughts lead to negative projections. Every one of our thoughts will produce form at some level.

In order to be truly happy and to be in control of your outcomes takes changing your mind. Do you know that saying, “The only thing to fear is fear itself?” Fear is self generated from our subconscious. I felt truly liberated when I understood that I was in control of all my fears. That by changing my mind about what I feared the fear itself disappeared. We are drones until we free ourselves with input to change.

In every situation you find yourself in that usually has a negative outcome, take a moment and self reflect on how you would rather the outcome be. Remembering that by design you are loving and compassionate. This means that everyone else is also even if they take pride in their ornery, angry, self-defacing attitudes. You could apply the saying, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Take yourself out of what the herd would say or do. Stand apart from the way of the world and you will help change the world. I’m sure you have heard the saying, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” I know that it seems impossible, but it is possible. It starts with you and the ripple effect will happen.

One night coming home from work during a particularly difficult time I was experiencing, I walked through my front door and my children and a few neighborhood children were playing and had created a huge mess exactly like every other day. My first reaction was the same as it always was, but this time I actually felt darkness come over me. I immediately stepped back out the door and then and there decided I did not like the person I am when I experience that dark feeling. I stepped back through the door and starting singing, “It is now cleanup time, cleanup time, cleanup time.” I said, “Come on kids let’s clean this up and I’ll help while I continued to sing. All the children began singing and the house was cleaned up in short order. I never again yelled at my children for anything. If I felt an ugly response coming on, I would turn around and choose to handle that situation where everyone’s dignity stayed in tack starting with my own. My children and grownup now and they still remember that change in me.

I’m not going to sugar coat the choice to change, it is not easy, but it can be done and it is very much worth it for you and for those you interact with. Once you start taking responsibility for your own happiness there is no going back ever. At first, you may say, “Why did I ever do this?” I promise you will be very happy you did. March on, and go towards the light, it is warm and friendly.

No comments: