Thursday, December 29, 2011

CLUTTERED BUSY MIND 12-29-11


With the holidays over except for New Years, I find my mind still all busy on plans, shopping, eating. On my drive to work this morning I sincerely tried to self reflect and gain some inspirational insight. This inspiration did not come. In stead, I found my mind so busy and caught up in my worldly existence I was devoid of inspiration.

This is the way of the world and is an example of why very few people ever stop to ask if this is all there is. We all have an eternal true nature reaching out to be acknowledged. The attachments and desires of this world, and our goals and plans block who we really are.

Hoopla and festivities will never sustain any lasting happiness. The nature of true happiness has absolutely nothing to do with things or even other people. I’ve been feeling tired and distracted. I’ve decided to let these feelings be the cause to clear my mind and to stop and smell the roses (so to speak).

EXAMPLE OF IGNORANCE (ignorance in this sense is not education it is not knowing who you really are).

There is this woman at work who is always in everybody’s business. She interrupts every conversation, she finds fault with everything, and always points out what is wrong with all of her coworkers and customers. She was in my cubicle looking at a daffodil plant I brought to work. She stuck her finger in the dirt and told me what I needed to do. I really feel sorry for people like that. Do you know someone like that? Not only, do they bother the people around them, but it must be really hard to have to control everything and everybody around you. If she ever begins to let go and concentrate within herself, there will be a release of stress and relief of a great magnitude.

No comments: