Thursday, December 1, 2011

QUANDARY

12-1-11


I haven’t added any posts lately because I’m reading a book I can’t put down.

I can’t decide what to write about first:

I was thinking about the fact that our life is not a competition. Living in this world competing can be fun, rewarding, and it can also be defeating and dangerous.

Some people, me included, can compete in whatever form and enjoy the camaraderie and the fun of bating my competitors. Other’s winning the competition is a matter of self esteem. It’s good to remember that no matter how good you are at whatever it is you are good at, there is always someone better. There is always someone better looking, there is always someone with a better singing voice, there is always someone faster, etc.

Some sports are down right dangerous, but that is the allure.  There are studies done that prove football especially for young folks whose brain is still developing is not only dangerous but has also been fatal. It has to do with the many blows to the head. Those blows cause the brain to ram into the scull and if not immediately dangerous, then over time has proven to be so.

Or I could write about the state of the world’s disasters. Each of us can totally affect whether or not there are disasters and where they happen. This is done with our virtue. Virtue is a commitment made within ourselves through self-reflection to change our attachments to the seduction of the world’s ways. Practicing being virtuous will not only increase our internal happiness it will also cause change in those around you. We all have a true nature that was a gift from the creator and is only love and compassion. No matter how evil we have become in our thoughts and actions, there is a place in each of us crying out to be reunited with our true eternal home. Virtue is more than just being a good person, it consists of thinking and acting with a pure heart.

I will make a decision which of these topics to cover first and will continue writing as soon as I finish my book, “These Is my Words” by Nancy E Turner. A diary of a pioneer women in the Arizona Territories during the late eighteen hundreds.

No comments: